How to Start a Business Podcast
Do you want a podcast for your business or organization? Do you lack the time or resources to put it together? Contracting out the creation and production of your show may be the answer.
- Complete studio for recording and production
- Develop podcast idea
- Interviews (online or in person)
- Setting up directories (iTunes, Google Play Music, Soundcloud, Stitcher, Spreaker, etc.)
- Help with promotion (50,000+ Twitter followers)
Why a Podcast?
A podcast will …
- Create loyalty by entertaining and informing the audience with content they actively seek each week
- Engage Millennials
- Engage the audience in ways ads can’t. Imagine having their undivided attention for 30 minutes every week!
- Put your brand in front of influencers’ audiences
- Create evergreen content
Millennials Love Podcasts
It’s a bright future for podcasts, which will only continue to be a dominant medium for education and entertainment. Their ability to snag the inattentive millennial, make us feel right at home. – Forbes
Let’s talk numbers
From June through October 2015, Midroll surveyed 168,500 listeners of 265 shows. Here are the results:
Podcast listeners tune in to their favorite shows when they’re on the move and in places where they can’t consume other media.
They listen while
- working out
- in the car
- taking public transport
- while walking, running, and biking
They’re Engaged. Not only do listeners hear the ads, but they also respond to them.
61% report buying something they heard about on a podcast ad.
Podcast listeners are Loyal: 88% listen to most or all episodes
Evergreen content represents the posts and articles on your blog that will always be relevant to your audience, compared to topics that may change over time. – Search Engine Journal
We are serving up content in audio format that can be found on your website and through all of the podcast directories where we register your show. I recommend a show that shares stories that connect with your audience. This content will always be relevant!
- Summaries or transcripts of your podcast can be used as content for your blog
- Episodes can be shared over and over again on social media
- Episodes can be discovered by search engines and through podcast directory searches
- New listeners will be able to enjoy old episodes. Listeners often binge listen to shows they discover, much like watching shows on Netflix or Hulu
Influencers as Guests
Guests typically share their episodes on social media multiple times. Inviting influencers to share their stories will bring additional exposure to your brand by getting in front of their audiences.
Social Media Marketing
Each episode can be easily shared. The SoundCloud Twitter card stands out through the noise of a cluttered feed by incorporating a player. Viewers can listen to an episode without ever leaving the Twitter app. I personally tweet each episode as it is published and tag the guest through my Twitter account.
Your Next Step
Let’s schedule a call to discuss your show. Start by filling out the short form below.